Re: [IPp] accommodations on cruises

Well, you have a few months to really bust your butt to train them to
understand how to count carbs and learn all they can about insulin pump
therapy. Now is the time to get them trained!  Being in the middle of an
ocean and relying on a ship doctor....if it were me, I would not let my child
go unless I was 100% sure that he would be well taken care of by well trained
people.  I would call the Cruise line and find out about their menu and if
they can provide carbohydrate information, if not, then at least if you get
their menu on what the ship offers...you can figure it out and send it along
with your son.  Make sure he has his Glucagon, and I would send more than one
Glucagon Kit with him...just in case.  This is a big step for you both, so I
would make sure that you BOTH feel comfortable with him being so far away and
make sure that your son really thinks about his safety and not just the
"thrill" of a cruise.
I guess I am a VERY VERY over protective mother.....I won't even let my son
travel from CT to SC with my ex husband traveling by car...so I can't imagine
a cruise.
I wish you the best of luck...and I hope your son has a GREAT time.

Victoria (7) Non-D...Love My kids!