[IPp] accommodations on cruises

My in-laws have been promising my son that they would take him on a cruise
over the spring break that he was 9.  They began these promises when they took
my older son on a cruise, but this was before diagnosis.  Now that the time is
nearly upon us (this April) I am feeling very concerned.  Our endo has said
that he will call the ship's doctor and will be on call at anytime.  He will
ask the doctor to see Scott once every day or couple of days (7 day cruise).
My in-laws do have Scott spend the night once or twice a month, but they call
me 3-4 times every night.  They can't dose insulin based on what he eats and
have no idea how to determine basals.  I would feel a little less stressed if
I felt his normal basals would work, but with such a different routine, I'm
afraid that his insulin requirements will change.  Can anyone offer any
advice?  Can the ship provide carb counts for food?  Anything else I can do to
help make this work?  I promised myself when he was diagnosed, that I would
never stop him from doing something based solely on diabetes and I want to
stick to it, but this is really scary.