[IPp] how much lantus

Does anyone know how much Lantus to give a child who uses a total of 9.5
units of NPH a day?  I have no idea and because it is not something that we
normally use in Canada, I cannot really ask our DER or Endo for advice.  Jon
gets 7 units of NPH in the morning and 2.5 at bedtime.  When do you normally
give the lantus, morning or bedtime?

Any advice would be much appreciated.  I really want to get him started on
this insulin as his sugars have been all over.  This morning we went down to
1.1 (19.8) which is the lowest we've ever seen.  This is after I gave him
what I thought was too much breakfast/snack.  We have him on a 1/25 ratio
and he had about 40 carbs.  I had only given him just over 1 unit of Rapid
and in 1.5 hours, he was at 1.1.  Very scary.  He is fine now.