[IPp] Cannula Injury???????

Zachary came home from school complaining that the site change I'd
done in the AM on his leg was bothering him and that I must have
"hit something you shoulnd't of MOM!!!!".

Needless to say,  he caught me in the middle of a mess,  and by the
time I was done he'd/we'd forgotten about it.     Fast forward to around
7pm and he checks his BG and its 125.   I"m fixing a late dinner.
Go to eat at 7:45 and he re-checks and its 175.        Hmmmmmm........
Okay,  correction bolus, meal bolus,  dinner.

8:45 he goes in to shower and calls me in.    Says he pulled down
his jeans (loose fitting ones) and the site peeled partially off so he
figured he'd take it the rest of the way off.    He instantly notices as
he's peeling it back that the cannula is GONE!     And his leg is still
hurting.    It's red, about 1/2" circle.   Says it feels like he has glass
in it.    The cannula is obviously in his leg just below the surface of the
skin where we can't reach it!   Ever hear of this problem?????
We use Quicksets.

Check his blood sugars and they are 485.

Called the hospital and talked to the ENDO on call.    No idea!    Warm
compresses,   triple antibiotic ointment,  call the CDE in the AM.

Called MM and talked to a tech.    Made sure she wasnt a newly trained
one  :)       Never heard of this.    Recommended going to the Dr. to get
it removed.     Oh and they are sending a container to get the remainder
of the Quickset back,  plus sending us some new ones.

Fenton, MO

[demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Rainbow.jpg]