Re: [IPp] Irritated bottom

Yeast infections can come from all sorts of things, not just not wiping
properly.  Both of my sons have had yeast infections.  My D son used to get
them all the time because he was on antibiotics for respiratory infections
and horrible ear infections.  The antibiotics destroy an enzyme in the
intestine that takes care of yeast.  Also combined with an occasional high
blood sugar he was very prone to yeast infections.  Every time that they got
one it was on their bottom as well as the front.  But yeast infections are
distinct (at least in young children).  There are raised bumps in a yeast
infection.  Whereas if it is just irritated, it would be a general all over
reddening.  A yeast infection needs a medication for it to go away.  Nystatin
(sp?) is a popular one.  HTH