[IPp] Re: pop-digest V1 #242

On 11/4/02 8:42 AM, "pop-digest" <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Please make a donation during our FALL Pledge Drive.
> Help out by showing your support for Insulin Pumpers
>   http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml
> pop-digest          Monday, November 4 2002          Volume 01 : Number 242
re:irritated bottom

Dear Sybil:

It certainly sounds like a yeast diaper rash.  Over the counter Lotrimin
(generic clotrimazone) will work if used 2 - 3 times per day.  Cover with
desitin.  Avoid cornstarch powder since the yeast can use the starch for
food.  Avoid triamcinalone because it can be absorbed when covered with a
diaper. I've seen lots of pull-up rashes too, so if you are using them you
might switch back to diapers.  T-shirt and no clothes on the bottom will
help when possible.  We hook our pump on my sons collar.  Looks
uncomfortable but he doesn't seem to mind.
TMM (pediatrician, mom to David 3 pump since 14 months)