[IPn] successes and future direction

Hi Everyone,

IP's mission is to bring the knowledge about solutions to everyday
diabetes management problems and modern technology to "people with
diabetes, their families, health car professionals and the public".
To do that IP must reach the largest possible audience. This is a
daunting task, but I believe that IP has made a large and positive
difference in peoples lives since its inception. There are just a few
indicators....

1) the number of kids on the KIDS list has gone from ZERO to over a
thousand. When the list began, it was almost impossible to put a
child on the pump. That list of kids alone, shown to reluctant endos,
has swung the decision in favor for many kids.
see the bottom of: http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/pkids.shtml

2) When IP began, there were only about 50,000 pumper in the United
States and around 100,000 world wide. Today there are an estimated
half-million pumpers in the United States alone with hundred's of
thousands worldwide. In part due to the educational effort of IP and
the general membership of this site "spreading the word".

3) The membership of IP has grown from a dozen or so folks to over
5,000 ACTIVE participants in our world wide forums with unique IP
groups in Canada, the UK, New Zealand, Australia, Germany,
Scandinavia as well as the US. Members are from almost every country
in the world and every continent. Along the way, IP has served over
22,000 families and individuals.

All of this is possible because of the support YOU provide to keep
this organization going. It is far more than a "web site" or a "mail
list". What makes IP great is the people who belong to the forums,
the volunteers that work behind the scenes to make things happen and
the knowledge and know-how that we are able to provide EVERY MEMBER
and NEWCOMER.

Your support is vital to continuing this mission.

If you have not made a contribution because you think it's not
needed, think again.

If you have not made a contribution because you think someone else or
some "big" company will step up to the plate, think again.

If you think IP's not worth it to you, think again. Why do you keep
coming back?

Pledge drives will continue because they must. There is no other way
that I've found to pay the bills here. We CAN make them shorter if
more people will give a little. I've never asked you to give much and
I'm sure most of you can afford $5, $10, $20 bucks a YEAR. Most
magazine subscriptions are that much, there are many more examples
that I won't bore you with.

If you think the work IP does is important then help out with a few
bucks. If you get something from IP, give something back, that's all
I ask....   Pay if forward...

...and DOUBLE the value of your pledge by helping to match the
remaining $95 available on WASH. DC's challenge.

or challenge the membership to match your generosity by visiting:

or send your donation by mail to:

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035