[IPn] 2nd week

Hello Pumpers and Friends,

It is the second week of the Spring pledge drive and I know you
probably don't want to hear about making a pledge to Insulin Pumper,
but tonight or tomorrow you will go on-line and expect IP to be there
with notes from friends and fellow forum members. Insulin Pumpers
comes to you a few time a year and asks for your financial support.

The ILLINOIS challenge needs $49 of your matching contributions!

Some of you have asked if there is not another way to raise money for
Insulin Pumpers. Many ways have been tried, direct mail, contact with
meter and insulin makers, and of course our friends at the pump
companies. With the exception of the pump companies, the other
avenues have so far failed to produce any results. The biggest
portion of support for Insulin Pumpers still comes from the forum
members. Of our ~ 5000+ members, about 1 in 20 have made a
contribution over the last year. It seems to me that there really
should be a higher percentage of contributors. You can help us reduce
the amount of time and energy spent on fund raising by making a
sustaining contribution of a few dollars a month. If enough forum
members become sustaining members, the need for pledge drives will
decrease. Another good way to make a significant contribution is to
challenge the other members to make contribution to match your pledge
of $100 or more. If everyone that is a member just pledged just 50
cents a month, way less than $10 a year, there would be no need at
all for our pledge drives.

The biggest reason to make a contribution is simply because you enjoy
the forum and the friendship and support that it brings you. Your
financial support is needed to keep Insulin Pumpers health. If you
are financially able and have not yet made a contribution to Insulin
Pumpers, won't you take a few minutes to mail a check or visit our
secure server and make a contribution now.

To accept the ILLINOIS challenge or to become a SUSTAINING
donor, visit:

To challenge to the other forum members to match your generosity,
visit:

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035