Re: [IPp] Question regarding diabetics being "insurable"

We were having a similar conversation this weekend.

I don't think that our T1 daughter can get life insurance on her own.
(Anything is insurable, but the high premium may not be worth it.)

However, they would/could get group insurance.  (This is the insurance that
many who work in bigger companies usually get.)  However, they would not be
able to increase their coverage beyond the basic amount since that usually
requires a blood test.  Also, this is completely tied to the company, when
they leave they may loose their insurance.  Some insurance companies give
you the option of continuing the insurance when you leave, but the new rate
could easily be 3 times the group rate, and I don't know if a blood test is
required.

The reason we were talking about it was that a friend of mine started life
insurance coverage on their children when they were 6 months old.  I was
wondering if I should have done that since our daughter was diagnosed at 3
years old.