[IPp] Question regarding diabetics being "insurable"

Hello to all,

I was having a discussion with my husband the other day regarding insurance.
We have two older non-d daughters and he was talking about getting them some
life insurance.  We then were talking about our 15 yr. old diabetic son
getting insurance.  My husband says he doesn't think Kendall can ever be
insured because of the fact that he is type 1.  I am not so sure.  I was
wondering if I could get some input from you all on this.  My husband is an
investment broker and knows a lot regarding laws, etc... He also sells some
life insurance and really thinks type 1 diabetes prohibits our kids from
being insured.  Does this mean that our kids can never get life insurance?
How about when they enter into occupations of their own, even if they're
employed by a major company?  I would appreciate any comments and insights.

Debbie Crawford
Hull, GA
Mom to Kendall, age 15, pumping since 10 w/ Cozmo and dx'd 11/99