Re: [IPp] Omnipod Questions

We are having the same dilemma.  We are looking at both the Animas and the
Omnipod.  My six year old loved the Omnipod and was able to insert it
himself.  He didn't even flinch.  The needle is in the pod and comes out and
retracts quickly without him even seeing it.  He wore it around for a couple
of days and even forgot he was wearing it.

My concerns are that if you have a bad site, you have to replace the whole
pod which could get costly.  The rep told us that they do replace them if
you call, but it sounds like kind of a pain to get replacements.  Being that
it is a first generation product, it makes me nervous about failures.  The
cannula on the site that my son inserted was bloody when he took it off and
that is usually an indication of a site failure for us.  It may not have
been, but it is a concern.