[IPp] Omnipod Questions

Hi everyone!  I am having a little dilemma.  Animas informed me  yesterday
that on May 27, 2008 our warranty will expire.  I KNOW for a FACT  that my son
did not start using this Animas pump until the end of July 2004  because I had
just given to my daughter.  Anyway, long story short  I am deciding between
 Animas again and Omnipod. I am definitely leaning more towards the Omnipod but
my son who will be using it has  some questions.  Now forgive me in advance
because I am just learning  about the Omnipod but would my son always have to
 carry the meter that he would be using to do his finger and to bolus with him?
 I mean what if he forgot  it somewhere?  Do they give you a back up?  Is it
small enough to put  in his pocket?  What about the needle does it stay in him
or does it  somehow come out and a plastic canula replaces it?  I have a
 sample one and it doesn't look like it comes out. Finally, the insertion, I
have
always  used an insertion device, does the Omnipod do a fast insertion?  I
would  appreciate any and all help because I need to decide ASAP.

Thanks!

Lori, Mom to Tylar, age 13 (diagnosed at 2, pumping at 5) and Lexxi (age  3)

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.