Re: [IPp] Tale of Two Pump Companies

I hear that.  My son had a low bs of 33.  Don't worry things will  get better.

In a message dated 5/11/2008 2:50:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Please  support Insulin Pumpers by making a donation to the
SPRING pledge drive.  Your contribution is essential to help
us continue to provide service to  the diabetes community.
Please visit:

Your annual contribution  will eliminate this header from your IP mail

Tale of 2 pump  companies
This is an FYI for anyone investigating different pumps.
My  15 year old daughter had a Continuous Glucose Monitor made by  Minimed
inserted by our diabetes educator on Friday afternoon to be worn  for 3 days.
(This is just investigationalwe dont get any numbersit is  all recorded and
we go back on Monday to find out trends etc.)  We had  several alarm problems
on Friday which we contacted Minimed and they tried  to troubleshoot.  They
told us to call their 24 hour help line over  the weekend if we had any
problems.
This morning she woke up and the  screen on her Deltec Cozmo pump had a big
thumb print black area on the  screen so we cant read the screen.  Called
Deltec, had a nurse call  back in less than 10 minutes.  New pump arrives by
UPS tomorrow. (Has  happened before in the 5+ years she has been on Cozmo,
never had any  problems getting in touch with Deltec or getting things
corrected  quickly).
All through church this morning (Mothers Day) the CGMS has been  alarming.
Came home and started calling Minimed 2+ hours ago.  Still  cannot get through
(have tried 3 different numbers, not all of which are  toll free).  The phone
rings and rings and eventually I get a message  saying Your party is
unavailable to take you call.  Please try your  call later.  We are sorry but
we are going to disconnect you  now.  I have e-mailed the company telling
them
we will never consider  a Minimed pump if this is their idea of customer
service.
Great way to  spend Mothers Daylistening to alarms and having to  do
Cindy Hoehn
Mom to Sarah--dx 2002 at age 9,  Pumping Cozmo since January  2003

favorites at AOL Food.