[IPn] Second week and working

Hello Pumpers and Friends,

It is the second week of the Spring pledge drive and I know you
probably don't want to hear about making a pledge to Insulin Pumper,
but tonight or tomorrow you will go on-line and expect IP to be there
with notes from friends and fellow forum members. Insulin Pumpers
comes to you a few time a year and asks for your financial support.

Some of you have asked if there is not another way to raise money for
Insulin Pumpers. Many ways have been tried, direct mail, contact with
meter and insulin makers, and of course our friends at the pump
companies. With the exception of the pump companies, the other
avenues have so far failed to produce any results. The biggest
portion of support for Insulin Pumpers still comes from the forum
members. Of our ~ 5200 members, around 10% have made one and
sometimes several contribution over the last year. With the
tremendous interest in Insulin Pumpers and growth in the membership,
it seems that there really should be a higher percentage of
contributors. You can help us reduce the amount of time and energy
spent on fund raising by making a sustaining contribution of a few
dollars a month. If enough forum members become sustaining members,
the need for pledge drives will decrease. Another good way to make a
significant contribution is to challenge the other members to make
contribution to match your pledge of $100 or more. If everyone that
is a member just pledged just 50 cents a month, way less than $10 a
year, there would be no need at all for our pledge drives.

The biggest reason to make a contribution is simply because you enjoy
the forum and the friendship and support that it brings you. Your
financial support is needed to keep Insulin Pumpers health. We have a
new CHALLENGE from NORTH CAROLINA that will match your donation
DOLLAR for DOLLAR up to a total of $100. If you are financially able
and have not yet made a contribution to Insulin Pumpers, won't you
take a few minutes to mail a check or visit our secure server and
make a contribution now.

To accept NORTH CAROLINA's challenge or to become a SUSTAINING
donor, visit:

To challenge to the other forum members to match your generosity,
visit:

	Insulin Pumpers
	558 Valley Way
	Milpitas, CA 95035

In the UK, you can send a cheque by post in pounds sterling or for
tax a deductible donation, use your charity card and/or contribute to
the CAF (Charities Aid Foundation) on behalf of Insulin Pumpers, CAF
charity #002139. or see the UK donation page for more information at:

My best regards
Michael Robinton
Executive Director
..