[IPp] Tale of Two Pump Companies

Tale of 2 pump companies
This is an FYI for anyone investigating different pumps.
My 15 year old daughter had a Continuous Glucose Monitor made by Minimed
inserted by our diabetes educator on Friday afternoon to be worn for 3 days.
(This is just investigationalwe dont get any numbersit is all recorded and
we go back on Monday to find out trends etc.)  We had several alarm problems
on Friday which we contacted Minimed and they tried to troubleshoot.  They
told us to call their 24 hour help line over the weekend if we had any
problems.
This morning she woke up and the screen on her Deltec Cozmo pump had a big
thumb print black area on the screen so we cant read the screen.  Called
Deltec, had a nurse call back in less than 10 minutes.  New pump arrives by
UPS tomorrow. (Has happened before in the 5+ years she has been on Cozmo,
never had any problems getting in touch with Deltec or getting things
corrected quickly).
All through church this morning (Mothers Day) the CGMS has been alarming.
Came home and started calling Minimed 2+ hours ago.  Still cannot get through
(have tried 3 different numbers, not all of which are toll free).  The phone
rings and rings and eventually I get a message saying Your party is
unavailable to take you call.  Please try your call later.  We are sorry but
we are going to disconnect you now.  I have e-mailed the company telling them
we will never consider a Minimed pump if this is their idea of customer
service.
Great way to spend Mothers Daylistening to alarms and having to do
Cindy Hoehn
Mom to Sarah--dx 2002 at age 9, Pumping Cozmo since January 2003