[IPp] school/lunch

Hi, my son is six years old and in kindergarten. He has had diabetes for over
three years.  He is a very active and somewhat impulsive child and has been
his whole life. I don't think his bahavior and personality would be much
different if he didn't have diabetes.  Last week his school called me in for a
conference and basicly started questioning me about his diet and whether that
might be why his blood sugars are not normal.  I said if they were normal, he
wouldn't have diabetes.  I explained that he eats the same thing for lunch
every day (his choice) and they see what he eats because they check to make
sure he has eaten it all.  He has a PB&J made with sugar free wheat bread, low
carb peanut butter and sugar free jelly, a low calorie/low carb yogurt and a
banana.  A total of 53 carbs.  Is this too much?  What do you send in your
child's lunch?  I explained that his blood sugar could also be affected by
things like stress and lack of exercise
 (when they take away his recess).  I was so upset during this meeting because
I felt they had no right to "attack" me and question my judgement as if I'm
not doing everything in my child's best interest. Anyway, thoughts?
Thanks,
Brandi
Mom to Evan age 6 dx.1/9/05 and Olivia age 4