Re: [IPp] Fwd: Article about teens on insulin pumps

I saw this article in our local paper as well.  I
don't see what conclusions we can draw from it, since
it contains virtually no useful information.  13
deaths in 10 years among adolescent pumpers?  How many
deaths were there during that time for kids on shots?
Were the deaths due to lows or highs or some other
reason?  I don't think we come away from this data
with much that we can use, apart from the fact that
pumpers need to be vigilant and test bg frequently.

Mary
Mom of Chris, 25, Carrie, 21, Dan, 17 dx 01 pumping
cozmo 03, aunt and guardian of Mike, 21, wife of Jim

http://body.aol.com/condition-center/diabetes/news/article/_a/insulin-pumps-linked-to-teen-deaths/20080506142809990001