Re: [IPp] Mineral Supplements??

 Amber, I do not give my son any vitamins, minerals or other supplements except
for a chewable vitamin once a week. There just isn't evidence to support it...

  http://www.diabetes.ucsf.edu/EN/diabetes_faq/
  http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/alternativetherapies/

http://myhealth.barnesjewish.org/library/healthguide/en-us/Cam/topic.asp?hwid=hn-2920002
  Moreover, in a preliminary report, vanadium did not help people with type 1
(childhood-onset or insulin-dependent) diabetes.
  http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/clinic/alternative_chromium.htm
  http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/clinic/alternative_vanadium.htm

  A good ol' balanced diet is the best thing for our kids.

  Rachel - CPhT, RN Student & Single mom to Cole - 8 on 5-18-06, pumping at 4,
dx'd at 23 months

email @ redacted wrote:

Hi! I was wondering if anyone gives mineral supplements to their children
with diabetes. If so which ones? How much? If not why not?? I have heard
chromium and vanadium are good for insulin absorption but I've also read some
negative things with regards to toxicity with taking too much. Any advice?
Thank you!!
Amber mom to Haleigh, 7 dx'd 10/15/02 pumping Animas 6/04 Emma, 5 Noah, 2
and Ella 2 weeks
zbp.bbunlIayrupnew

Rachel A. - NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: email @ redacted

Please update my new e-mail address!