[IPp] Mineral Supplements??

Hi!  I was wondering if anyone gives mineral supplements to their children
with diabetes.  If so which ones?  How much?  If not why not??  I have heard
chromium and vanadium are good for insulin absorption but I've also read some
negative things with regards to toxicity with taking too much.  Any advice?
Thank you!!
Amber  mom to Haleigh, 7 dx'd 10/15/02 pumping Animas 6/04 Emma, 5  Noah, 2
and Ella 2 weeks