RE: [IPp] RE: [IP] The new Paradigm Pump w/ continuous glucose monitoring

The pump for the 522 is covered like normal, but the sensors at $35 a
pop are the harder part.  So, the transmitter and the sensors are the
part that most, not all insurance companies are having a hard time with.

The sensors and transmitter have been covered in the case of the
Guardian RT for some adults in Southern Wisconsin and Minnesota on a
case by case basis.  Our human resources department said that they are
going to probably make an exception for us.  (We have already paid for
the Guardian RT and are hoping for a reimbursement.  Medtronic will be
taking care of us for the upgrade to the 522.  In February, we paid
$2400 for the Guardian RT.)

Medtronic isn't aggressively pursuing insurance for the sensors yet,
because if they get a bunch of denials first it is harder for all of us.
That is why they released the Guardian RT to select cities.

Jenny
Tommy, 11, dxd 4/05, Pumping MM 515 10/05, Guardian RT 2/06
Andy, 13,
Happily Married to Dan
Wisconsin