[IPp] Fw: Citizens United to Oppose Senate Bill 1955

FW: Citizens United to Oppose Senate Bill 1955
Sent: Monday, May 01, 2006 5:57 PM
Subject: FW: Citizens United to Oppose Senate Bill 1955

See the info below, I encourage you to click on and sign the petition!

Citizens United to Oppose Senate Bill 1955

I came across www.petitiononline.com while surfing and found the concept to be
very interesting. PetitionOnline.com provides free online hosting of public
petitions for responsible public advocacy.

I am not sure how much weight an online petition holds, but I thought it was
worth posting up on the site to see what others think.
There is already a petition in place opposing Senate Bill 1955. The petition
reads as follows:

To: U.S. Congress

We the undersigned, are vehemently opposed to the passage of S.1955, a
proposed Senate Bill that would negatively impact on health consumers and
providers alike. The Bill, also known as "Health Insurance Marketplace
Modernization and Affordability Act of 2005" (Introduced in Senate) would rob
many people of their free choice of healthcare providers. With language that
talks about "harmonizing standards", it tends to homogenize healthcare, and in
essence, establish a race to the bottom. The legislation is wrongheaded, and
is in fact, bad language that will severely and negatively impact health
consumers nationally.

For this reason, and for others, we the undersigned oppose passage of this
deleterious legislation and call upon those people who represent our interests
in the federal government, to vote NO to this very bad legislation.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned