[IPp] Call Your Senators on S 1955 to Save State Insurance Protection for Diabetics

Hello Parents of Pumpers,
I'm sure most of our American listmembers get these ADA alerts, but thought
I'd pass this on just in case.
Mary
Dear Mary:
As a result of the nearly 20,000 messages opposing  S.1955 sent to the US
 Senate by Diabetes Advocates like you, we have learned that the vote will be
put
off for another week or so.  First,  congratulations on this impressive
 response -- it's one of our best ever! And for those of you who still haven't
 taken action to oppose S.1955, it's not too late..._tell your Senators why you
oppose this bill_ (http://main.diabetes.org/site/R?i=InQD184I78mmp26EemjAzw..)
.  We are doing well in the  fight against S.1955, but we haven't won yet.
We have  to continue to make ourselves heard.  Here is something you can do
this week to continue the fight:
As you may  know, we have partnered with a number of other organizations to
oppose  S.1955.  One group that we are working with, _Families USA_
 (http://main.diabetes.org/site/R?i=M6P1sjpMDmTXEP-mkxA0XQ..) , is hosting a
National
 Call-In to oppose this harmful bill this Wednesday, May 3rd. On Wednesday, call
the Senate switchboard at  1-800-828-0498.  Ask for your Senators' offices.
Urge them to  VOTE NO on S. 1955, the "Health Insurance  Marketplace
Modernization and Affordability Act."  Use our _talking  points_
 (http://main.diabetes.org/site/R?i=F3MOcCmu_EH2u4a-eZc7VQ..) to help you with
what to say.
Whether it happens next week or later, this is likely to be a close  vote.
It is important that you do your part to fight it, Mary, because in  the end,
it may come down to that one extra email, phone call, or  visit to convince
 your Senators to oppose S.1955. If you haven't taken action yet, _change that
now_ (http://main.diabetes.org/site/R?i=ncPCeKLTinYvMvKijkP55A..) .  If you
have already acted, please make the phone call on  Wednesday.  We will contact
you when a vote is scheduled, but it is  important to use this extra time to
keep pressure on.
Thanks for your work on behalf of all people affected by diabetes...it's
making the difference!