Re: [IPp] The new Paradigm Pump w/ continuous glucose monitoring

 I met with a representative today from my daughter's pump company, and she
informed us that this new device will be available to adults (18 and over) for
the price of 999.00. She said that they will probably eventually convince
insurance companies to cover, but didn't know when that would happen. She said
they should be available by this summer.

I apologize if this has always been discussed on this forum, but I was
wondering what the thoughts were regardiing the newly FDA approved
Paradigm Pump (522 or 722) w/ continuous glucose monitoring. Is anybody
using this yet? My daughter's 12 and I'm wondering what the scoop is
on this. I would love for her to use this. Is it approved for under
18 years of age? Is insurannce covering this? Is the continuous
monitoring attachment hard to insert? Any input would be greatly
appreciated.