Re: [IPp] Two Cozmo Problems

6 days after first being on the pump with the quicksets, my daughter RAchel
went into DKA and ended up in the hospital for almost 4 days. We had changed
it on Sat noon (no knowing it got crimped in her belly), and by supper
she was
close to 500.  Never would have thought it was a crimped cannula. We kept
adding boluses, but finally did a 5 unit injection - which brought her
down to 143
when we went to bed - so we thought all was fine.  Even checked her
several times
and in the 200's - we just did boluses - by morning she was vomiting and
large ketones.
Then it happened in the hospital also with the pump trainer!  So now -
we only use
the quicksets on her back side just above her buttocks.  Has been fine
except that
I have to insert it of course.  Good luck.
Cathy, Mom to RAchel 11, dx diabetes 9/93, celiac 1/02, pumping 10/02