[IPp] Similiarities

Claire and Amelia have a not in common after reading this post and the
one directed to me!  Amelia is 9 (10 in July), pumps with a H-tron for
the same length of time, is pumping Novolog and changes her sites every
3-4 days except we use the ultraflex!  Amelia's day time bg's are fairly
level, but as soon as I get her leveled out at night, something changes.
I blame it on hormones as she is developing quite early.  It is
comforting to know that it isn't something we are doing wrong!

And yes, I agree that it does get easier over time.  I think about that
first night home from the hospital after diagnosis.  I was afraid to let
her take a bath alone for fear of a low.  I hardly slept for 3 weeks,
worried constantly, ran back and forth from the school and cried a good
share of the day away.  Now, I realize that diabetes is manageable,
thanks to the pump, and Amelia's great attitude!  I rarely go to the
school, she handles most problems on her own, and diabetes isn't the
focus of our life as it once was!

Cheri, Mom to Amelia, 9 1/2, D 1/00, P 12/00

Hi Debbie,
     Yes, for some kids there can still be some highs and lows which you
can't figure out.  Other kids can have great stability.  My daughter can
unstable, it is frustrating, but other times she can go for weeks with
going smoothly.  I think stress affects her, along with growth hormones
Our nights have always been the hardest to achieve stability.
     I would think that you should try the shorter cannula length on the
     My daughter has had more stability since switching to
from Humalog.  We have had about one year of pumping with each of these.
change the Quick-set every 3 or 4 days.
     Good luck, it will become easier as you go along, be patient.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9