[IPp] New to Pumping

Hello everyone,

My son, Kendall, 10 years old (dx'd 11/99) has been pumping for about 2
weeks now.  We are using the Deltec Cozmo and really do enjoy alot of the
features of this pump .  I have alot of questions that I feel could better
be answered by you parents who go through the day to day of pumping insulin.
My biggest concern now is I am still seeing some high readings, high 200's
and low 300's that I wonder where they came from.  I still am questioning
our infusion set.  We are two days into this set and today he had two
sustained highs in about 4 hours time.  We are using Quick Set 9mm and I am
wondering if he needs the shorter 6 mm or what?  He is slim, but does have
some sub Q fat on his waist area and buttocks.   We tried the Silhouette but
I, honestly, could not handle the needle.  Maybe later on, when we get more
comfortable with all of this.  I would love some opinions and experiences on
what has worked for you.  Are there still roller coasters even after basals
and insulin to carb ratios and been set and re-adjusted?  Thanks so much,
this list is a great help!!

Debbie Crawford
northeast georgia