[IPp] Re: Recommendations for a pump

My daughter, age 8 1/2, has been using the Animas pump since she was 6.  We
love this pump and the menu is easy enough that she has been able to do the
bolusing herself since day one.  I like the ability of this pump to give
smaller increments of insulin since .5 unit of insulin can make a difference
for her.  The waterproof  feature is nice, although she disconnects for
swimming because of the activity level.  She also likes to disconnect for
showers to give herself more freedom of movement.  But, the feature is nice
with kids in case the pump falls in the toilet (ours has!).  One of my
favorite benefits of the Animas pumps is the support I receive IMMEDIATELY
when I call with questions, or for supplies, or technical help.  Our Animas
rep has even driven to our house on a Sunday evening to replace a pump when
we had a problem!  He also visited my daughter's school and trained the
school staff (principal, teacher, secretary) on the basics of the pump so
they would be comfortable, not intimidated.  Good luck with your
selection... Barb