From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Jana
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2003 7:25 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IPp] Pump Question from a new pumpmom !!!

needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest of
the diabetes community. Please visit:

My daughter goes low on the days she does alot of swimming and we never
use the pump in the water. She checks her sugars every 2-3 hours if
swimming alot then connects if needs be for the insulin. But usually she
needs just to eat smaller amounts and alot less insulin and she can go
alot without. The doctors here say we should not go without the pump for
4 hours as it can cause problems later in the day. But on extreme busy
water days, we seldom have any problems with highs, just lows.

So each to their own advice as nothing works the same for every child

Jana in Nova Scotia