Re: [IPp] Pump Question from a new pumpmom !!!

I wouldn't go off the pump, not even for the day.  I think that adding NPH to
the body, may mess up the blood sugars for a day or two after reconnecting
the pump.  Not a chance I'd be willing to take.  My son was great for me
taking his pump on and off at the beach. I put it in our cooler to keep the
insulin from spoiling and kept a bottle of fresh drinking water by me to
rinse off his site before reattaching the pump and then he'd just sit on his
towel while his bolus was being delivered and then I'd take it off again. It
was great, for him to not have that pump attached to him for a day and run
and play and not worry about his site or the tubing. I think had I kept the
pump attached to him, he wouldn't have played as easily as he did without it
Just my thoughts. I plan on doing the exact same thing this summer. Oh and by
the way, he never needed his missed basals either.  I only rettached to give
a meal bolus and his numbers that night were also great. No problems at all.
Sarah  :)    Mom to Matthew (6) MM Paradigm since May 2002, dxd 3/99 and
Victoria (8) Non-D...Love My kids!