Re: [IPp] Pump Question from a new pumpmom !!!

My daughter goes low on the days she does alot of swimming and we never use
the pump in the water. She checks her sugars every 2-3 hours if swimming
alot then connects if needs be for the insulin. But usually she needs just
to eat smaller amounts and alot less insulin and she can go alot without.
The doctors here say we should not go without the pump for 4 hours as it can
cause problems later in the day. But on extreme busy water days, we seldom
have any problems with highs, just lows.

So each to their own advice as nothing works the same for every child ever.

Jana in Nova Scotia