re: [IPp] Pump Question from a new pumpmom !!!

I'll probably leave his pump on when he goes in the
pool, unless it annoys him...He prefers to detach in
the shower. We live down the block from the beach, and
I'm not sure how the salt water would affect the pump,
and I'd hate for him to lose it while riding waves in
the ocean...

> Now my next question is - since your son has the
> Cozmo, why detach for
> swimming?  It's waterproof.  I have dropped Sigrid's
> Cozmo in the
> bathtub at least twice, (when I was originally
> figuring out how to do
> the bath thing) and since then I just leave it on
> her in its fanny pack
> for the bath, and change into a dry fanny pack after
> the bath.
> - Maria
> pumpmama to Sigrid (18 mos.)
> Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 10:23:43 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Stacey Nagel <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IPp] Pump Question from a new pumpmom !!!
> Since the weather is getting warmer, and we do live
> near the beach, I was thinking of getting mastisol &
> detachol for Jesse's sites(just in case we need it)
> ..... Now I'm new to all of this so I'm not exactly
> sure, but do I also need unisolve or is it the same
> thing as the detachol... My brain isnt working too
> well today....  By the way, Jesse's ice blue Cozmo
> arrived today( he's been using a loaner)  and
> Minimed
> is shipping out the infusion sets on Monday. Thank
> God
> everything was settled with the insurance co. You'd
> think that for the $11,000 a year that we pay, they
> wouldn't hassle us so much....
> Stacey
> Mom to Allison (17) , Daniel (15),
> and Jesse ,11,  DX Dec 2001. PUMPING  4/29/03 !!!!
> Happily Married to Scott for 23  1/2 years !!!!!
> Belle Harbor, New York
> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

Mom to Allison- 17 , Daniel-15,
& Jesse 10 1/2, Dx dec. 2001