Re: [IPp] Question for Cozmo Pumpers ? HELP!!!

Hi Mike

      Justin is very insulin sensitive, and the 0.1 basal on the paradigm was
causing lows. We tried several basal rates even alternating between 0.1 and
0.0, and still have not been able to get it right. Justin has been pumping
since October 02. I was able to get the Cozmo so soon for Justin because my
Endo wrote a letter of medical necessity requesting a pump with a 0.05 basal.
I chose the Cozmo. Best of all, because my husband insurance company changed
the 1st of the year, and they were not the company that paid for the
Paradigm, I was able to keep the Paradigm. I will use it as a back up. What I
found out is, if your current insurance company is not the company that paid
for your current pump, you may be able to get a new pump. They were very
willing to send me a new Mini Med pump for Justin no question asked, but
Justin needed a basal rate that Mini Med pumps could not deliver. The only
reason the letter of medical necessity was needed was because my insurance
company only covered Mini Med pumps, and I was asking for in network benefits
for the Cozmo.

Hope this helps.
Gina, Mom of Justin, 2 years old, pumping

Mike Wrote:
Since the Paradigm hasn't been out a year, how did you manage to get a Cosmo
to replace it?