Re: [IPp] Question for Cozmo pumpers ?HELP !!!

In a message dated 4/30/2003 9:10:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Deltec is suggesting that I get All of my
> supplies from Logimedics, in Florida.( we live in NY)
> . Or I was thinking...... Should I have Deltec send me
> what they have and just get the quicksets from
> minimed??? I dont even know if I can do that, since
> I'm not using their pump.  I'm a little nervous about
> having to deal with a pharmacutical co. that is sooooo
> far away....

Getting your pump supplies from a company far away is pretty common, and
shouldn't be a problem in and of itself.  I don't have any info for you re:
Deltec and Logimedics, but I can tell you that you can get your quicksets
direct from Minimed if your supplier for your other pump supplies doesn't
offer them.  When my daughter first started pumping with her Animas pump
(almost two years ago), I could only get the Quick sets through Minimed.  I
did it as cash pay (using a credit card) and then applied for reimbursement
through my insurance company at the time, and then later Minimed dealt
directly with my current insurance company for the sets (I got all my other
suppplies through Animas.  Later, Animas (and other companies) were able to
get Quicksets for us . . . It certainly is easier dealing with one company
for all her pump supplies, but if Deltec/Logimedics can't meet your needs,
you *can* get the quicksets through Minimed (or probably other pump companies
& medical houses).
Pumpmama to Katie