[IPp] Re: more offter site changes / stubborn high counts

In a message dated 4/30/2003 7:10:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Michael: Your reply left me puzzled - Am I to conclude that you are
> suggesting
> that it is not necessary to change the site every 48 hours in little kids?
> Thank
> you for the clarification. Bonnie Silvester (mom to Rachel-4)

       Claire is a few years older than Rachel (started pumping just before
7th birthday, now just turned 9).   I change her site usually every 4 days.
We saw an Endo a year ago and the nurse was not pleased with this, said we
should change every 3 days.  But 4 days just seemed so much farther
       I think they say that kids' bodies start rejecting the cannula quicker
than do adults.  But I reason that if they reject it quicker, they also heal
up quicker as well.  Who knows?  I am definately not one to believe that
doctors always know best.  But I do also worry about losing areas for sites,
as we are restricted to using Claire's upper butt area, quite small an area.
Her tummy is too taut for the Quick-sets and they get pushed out.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9