Re: [IPp] Pumping is WONDERFUL!

I love the pump, for the
> freedom, for both Matthew and my family.  He likes it to, but still fears
> site changes.  He cries at the thought of having the site changed, not at
> pain of having it done.  He has gotten so much better though, so I can't
> complain, now he only gives his father a hard time, and I am sure that in
> time, that will change too.
> I just cannot wait until I don't feel my heart stop as I wait for the
> to give a result.  The endo's keep telling me that this is all perfectly
> normal, and that it can take a few months to settle into things with the
> pump, basals, boluses......
> The one thing that is great is that when he is low, I can suspend and
> and not worry that his blood sugar won't rise, I know it will now....and
> he is high, I can bolus him and not have to give him a shot. I know he
> appreciates that too!
> Sarah

I can't imagine having to do site changes (or for that matter, shots) on
young children.  Devin was 12 when dx and it was scary enough for him at
Try not to stress out so much (harder said than done, I know). You're doing
fine dealing with the highs and lows.  At least, with the pump they're
easier and faster to deal with.  Pumping is sooooo much better than the
Take care,