Re: [IPp] Pumping is WONDERFUL!

That is great Carol. I am so happy for you and Devin!
We are still battling both highs and lows.  Just when I think I see a
pattern, they change.  Last week, Matthew was low after every meal....this
week, he is high.  It is almost a month for us, and I am wondering why it is
taking us so long to balance everything out.  I love the pump, for the
freedom, for both Matthew and my family.  He likes it to, but still fears the
site changes.  He cries at the thought of having the site changed, not at the
pain of having it done.  He has gotten so much better though, so I can't
complain, now he only gives his father a hard time, and I am sure that in
time, that will change too.
I just cannot wait until I don't feel my heart stop as I wait for the meter
to give a result.  The endo's keep telling me that this is all perfectly
normal, and that it can take a few months to settle into things with the
pump, basals, boluses......
The one thing that is great is that when he is low, I can suspend and treat,
and not worry that his blood sugar won't rise, I know it will now....and when
he is high, I can bolus him and not have to give him a shot. I know he
appreciates that too!
Pump-mommy to Matthew (5) dx 3/99, pumping-Paradigm since 5/1/02
and to Victoria (7), non-D
West Hartford, Conn.