Re: [IPp] re:Cutting back on basals - for Field Day

Dear Sarah:

My son Brady has been pumping for about 2 months and is usually on a basal
of .50  and had a field day today at his school.  He is 7 and in second
grade. His usual carb to insulin ratio is 1unit per 10 grams carb but for
today, we increased the carb to insulin ration to 1 per 13 and lowered the
basal to .40 and sent him with a bottle of gatorade.   After school his
blood sugar was 167.  I was happy with that.