Re: [IPp] Cutting back on basals

In a message dated 5/26/02 7:39:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> ...but I just wish that I felt confident as to what to do to treat both,
> and when and how to make changes to basal rates, without having to
> constantly
> call his endo.

You WILL get more confident.....Mary has been pumping about 5 months now and
except for keeping up with growth spurts, etc. we are pretty comfortable (but
I had to deal with those on MDI too)....Mary was in the pool a lot yesterday
at a party, she wore he pump for some of it and disconnected for some....her
numbers were fine so i did not bolus for the missed basal....actually she was
so active we were chasing lows all day.....you will be fine.....I did check
her very often all day due to increased exercise......