Re: [IPp] Calling any boy scouts who pump?

Hi Carol

How wonderful your son is able to go to camp now with less problems. Make
sure you send extra supplies for everything , just in "case"..
Patricia goes to camp every year. We started off cutting back on insulin by
0.2 units pre hour and then we sent her with a chart to go by to set her own
, depending on what her sugars were running.We also tried to find out what
heavy activities they were doing ahead and on what day.That way, we could
plan a different rate then too. We also told her to not bolus for snacks  on
active days and that really made a big difference in how her controls went.
We are preparing for a heavy Drama at the school which will play June 4and
5. We did a sleep over drama rehearsal Friday evening with over 105 kids.I
stayed all night.

Patricia at been at a track and field event all day Then this rehearsal for
hours in the evening.Then the sleep over. She stayed good all day and early
evening but ran lower in the night. We gave her alot more food than normal
and she did not bolus for it. She managed to stay decent controls once she
ate.
This is a time of trial and error. Maybe he can test before bed, eat a bit
extra but not too much and maybe someone will help you if you ask to wake
him to test after mid night.

All the best and let us know how he makes out.
Jana in Nova Scotia