[IPp] Glucowatch

For those of you interested in gathering more info on the Glucowatch. I have
included a web address for you to view.  It sounds very interesting....yet
very expensive, especially if the insurance companies won't cover at least
some, if not all the costs.  I also have heard that this is not recommended
for children.  I will double check that with our Endo either tomorrow or
Monday.  If anyone else gets info from their Endo...please share!  Matthew
has been doing well on the pump, but this whole week has been nothing but low
numbers during the late morning at school. In the 40's and 50's....and the
thing is, his basal is at 0.1.  The only other option is to run him from 0.0
to 0.1, maybe switching him every other hour.  I thought that being on the
pump was going to reduce his low blood sugars.....

<A HREF="http://www.glucowatch.com/us/default.html">Click here: Welcome to Glucowatch</A>

Pump-mommy to Matthew (5) dx 3/99, pumping-Paradigm since 5/1/02
and to Victoria (7), non-D
West Hartford, Conn.