Re: [IPp] Re: GLUCOWATCH?

In a message dated 5/23/2002 3:28:08 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE WAS THINKING OF PUTTING THEIR CHILD ON THE
NEW

>  GLUCOWATCH?

We're planning on asking our endo for a Prescription for a Glucowatch for our
11 year old at our next quarterly appointment the end of June.  Although 11,
she's really adult sized (5' 3" and 110 lbs) . . .  We're interested in it
not for detecting lows (her overnight basals are really fine tuned), but to
help me get more sleep .  .  . now that she full on into puberty we never
know when those periods of night time hormone-induced insulin resistance are
going to hit.  Right now I check twice a night (3-4 times during the night on
the 4-6 night periods of insulin resistance -- and no these don't seem to be
related to menstrual cycles) . . . With a Glucowatch (at least on those
nights when going through the calibration period was convenient/practical), I
could get a lot more sleep . . .

Lyndy
Pumpmama to Katie