RE: [IPp] Novolog testament!

So you are saying that before Riley had trouble with red and irritation at
the site, and now with Novolog there is none???  That's great!  I think I
may try to get our endo to switch Ashley.  She is having a terrible time
with old site irritation, but I had assumed it was the sets, which it still
could be.  But it would be worth it to just try and see if it helps.  Our
endo wants to keep her on the sil infusion sets to avoid it being pulled out
so much, since she is a very active 4 year old.  Since it is such a long
canula, I figured that was what the problem was with such nasty looking
sites (that's what he told us).  I have heard lots of other good things
about Novolog also.

Yep!!:O)  His sites on H (by day 2, they never lasted beyond that) were very
red, very hot, itched like crazy, & over an area about the size of a
quarter.  We did several things to rule out tape allergy so I knew it
probably wasn't that.  We didn't do anything different site wise only
switched to Novolog and we had no problems with it being nasty when we
pulled it off!  I understand about the site coming off too!:O)  Have you
tried a safety loop?  This should pull first before a site will.  We've
tried the tenders and now we're on the SS micros.  These have worked great
in Riley, the tenders would kink and we had so many problems with them.
I've tried the Ultraflex once and would like to switch to those but Riley
psychologically needs the insertion device so he just panicked when I tried
to insert it.  I guess we'll just stick to what we're using for now and try
the Ultra's when Riley is a little older!:O)

Take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-9, Riley-6(dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 2 years), Mason-4, Cailin
Rose-3, & Lane-5 mos