RE: [IPp] We're starting Novalog!!!

Sorry you're going through this Amy...Amazing how
quickly these folks forget that they're just
PRACTICING medicine, huh? SHEESH!  I'm sure
there are many here who can relate to all you're
saying,  concerning the condescending attitude of
certain medical proffesionals, including myself! :-/
Our endo. finally admitted recently that  WE know
what's best for Taylor, more  than he does....WOW,
how refreshing...Took him four years to say that!

Good point!!!:O)  I'm glad you finally got that acknowledgement!!!

Concerning the Novolog...I say, go for it! We've been
getting 3-4 days consistently with Tay's sets,
whereas with the Humalog we only got two days,
sometimes less! We have noticed that it doesn't
work as quickly for Taylor , but does seem to hang
around longer. YMMV, of course!

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to keep an eye on Riley and see what
happens.  *Typically* what happens with Riley is insulin seems to be
absorbed quickly and gone quickly.  H peaked in him in 45 minutes and was
gone in 2 1/2 hrs, we had the same problem when he was on N.  N peaked in
about 4 hours in him and was gone within 7 hours.  I'm not sure what Novolog
is going to do yet but I'm going to do a lot of bg checks just to make sure!
I'm really looking forward to the longer site life as well as (hopefully)
less irritation as well.

Take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-9, Riley-6 (dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 2 years), Mason-4, Cailin
Rose-3, & Lane-5 mos