RE: [IPp] We're starting Novalog!!!

I had a negative experience like you described with Krystyna's first endo.
He wouldn't address my concerns and only answered questions posed by the
male who I had to take with me to appointments to get questions answered!
I'd ask for details or an explanation and he'd say "just trust me."  I
don't want to "just trust" you...I want to know how it works and whats
driving a decision on dosage changes etc.  When a male (my dad or brother)
would ask my EXACT same question, the endo went into detail and I got the
info I needed.  We ended up leaving that practice shortly thereafter for
another reason and we are delighted with the group we currently see.  The
"new" endo on my first visit asked me about my medical background after one
of our discussions because it had gone into so much detail.  He thought I
was a CDE !!! That certainly made me feel good after having felt so
invisible at the old endo's office.

Wow!!   That is unbelievable!!!! I'm so glad you got out of that
situation!!!!  That really stinks!  I think all of us are our own child's
expert you know?  I know how D works for *Riley* and what he needs/doesn't
need.  I want to find an endo that views me as a partner in his care and not
the lackey with my opinion being valued!!!:O)   You should feel good about
what you know, I have no doubt that you have a large knowledge base about
this disease!!!!  Thanks for the support too btw!

Take care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-9, Riley-6(dx'd 7-1-99&pumping 2 years), Mason-4, Cailin
Rose-3, & Lane-5 mos