[IPp] Bad connections

I have a question on reservoir to infusion set connections.  My son has
been pumping for almost a year now, everything was going well.  Now the
last two times we have changed the sets they have leaked from the
connection point of the reservoir to tubing( in the pump). I do all the
setup so I have done all the connecting with out a problem till now. He
gets a little insulin but not enough, bg's @ 300!.  I'm wondering if it
is this box of reservoir that are bad or canulas or both.  He uses a MM
508.  Could it be they are bad?  Has anyone else had a problem with
leaking at this point.  Joyce, Mom of happy pumper Carl.