Re: [IPp] Re: swimming, sticking, and unsticking

> Charlotte,
> When you use the so called Gorilla Snot...ha ha ha.....that sounds
> so funny... Tell me your steps to a site change.  First you swab the
> area w/alcohol or an I.V. prep pad, then you put on the gorilla snot
> stuff, then you insert your sil??? Sarah Pump-mommy to Matthew (5)
> dx 3/99, pumping-Paradigm since 5/1/02 and to Victoria (7), non-D
> West Hartford, Conn.
Here's the "official" IP (Lily's) method. She doesn't do ALL of
these, but these are the steps for all possibilities.

apply antiperspirant, let dry
apply Providine or other Iodine based prep, let dry
remove excess with alcohol pad, let dry
apply skin prep, let dry
apply gorilla snot if needed, let dry
apply undertape if necessary to help stick or to suppress allergic
   skin reaction
apply infusion set
apply over tape if necessary