Re: [IPp] Mastisol

> Hi there Kay, my name is Vicki and I have a 7 year old
> very interesting in pumping.....I had a question for
> you.   You mentioned seeing if mastisol would do
> better with water activities.  Has that been a problem
> in the past where the sites don't last as long with
> summer water sports?????   My Hannah does swim team
> and we also swim in the evenings.  Is there usually a
> problem with sites being in the pool that often.

Swimming does not cause problems with the sites. What happens
sometimes is that the water can make the adhesive of the infusion set
come loose.

Proper preparation of the site area beforehand can minimize or
eliminate the minor annoyance. It should not be a consideration for
whether or not to use pump therapy. My daughter has been a pumper for
almost 8 years now, been on swim team and is a SCUBA diver. She does
not ordinarily have any problems with her sets and water sport.