RE: [IPp] site changes

We also treat my son by reducing the carb count when he is low before a
meal.  My son is not a big juice drinker, so he loves fruit snacks.  If
real low then I will treat with Orange juice.  Alot of fruit snacks are
21 so we bolus for 6.
I also would be intersted to hear what others do to remove the old site.
We put sticky spray on and then tape on before we insert the needle and
then tape to cover it.  It seems to stick well.  Sometimes a little to
well.  We are using the sils.
Angela, mom to Josh, 2 (dx at 9mths), pumping since 3/02>>-----Original
Message----->From: email @ redacted>[mailto:email @ redacted]On
Behalf Of>email @ redacted>Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 7:13 AM>To:
email @ redacted>Subject: [IPp] site changes>>I
have yet another question....two actually.>>1. IF your children are low
before a meal...what do you do?  Do you suspend,>do you treat with a
juice?  do you count the juice as part of the meal carbs>when
bolusing....or do you reduce the bolus ..leaving out the carbs for  the>juice?>>2.
I am having a hard time removing the adhesive when I do a site change.>We>use
the silhouettes, and believe me, so far they stick great....how do I get>it
off??>Sarah>Pump-mommy to Matthew (5) dx 3/99, pumping-Paradigm since
5/1/02>and to Victoria (7), non-D>West Hartford, Conn.>---------------------------------------------------------->for
SUPPORT Insulin Pumpers http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml>---------------------------------------------------------->for