Re: [IPp] nighttime lows, basals and question

We were taught that if our son, five yrs old, has a low during the night, to
first suspend the pump for 30 min, then give a 4oz juice box, and re-test 30
minutes later.  If his blood sugar rises to the normal range, then we were
told to reduce his night time basal from 0.2 to 0.1, the resume at the 0.2
the next morning.  If his blood sugars do not rise after 30 min, keep the
pump suspended and give another 4oz juice. Once they are up, resume the pump
and reduce the basal.
This is what we do for our son, for your child it may be different.
Pump-mommy to Matthew (5) dx 3/99, pumping-Paradigm since 5/1/02
and to Victoria (7), non-D
West Hartford, Conn.