[IPp] nighttime lows, basals and question

Jeremy is not on the pump yet, but we have this question...

I would like to know what to do with nighttime basal rates when there is a
low in the middle of the night.  I know to treat the low first.  But when
you discover the low, what do you do with your basal insulin? Suspend only
while treating the low? Reduce for the rest of the night?  Leave alone?

I know this is probably a YMMV thing, based on what the nighttime basal is
and how severe the low is, but we wanted to know if there was some general
rule of thumb on this.

mom to Jeremy, 8, dx'd 12/00, hoping to start pumping over the summer